- Working with our public lands managers;
- Maintaining existing trails (1,750 volunteer hours in 2012 including the reroute of Tailpipe trail at Hartman Rocks);
- Educating trail users with an emphasis on general wildlife issues, Gunnison Sage-grouse conservation and respect for the ranching community;
- Pursuing new trail opportunities close to Gunnison:
- Pursuing the Gunnison to Crested Butte back-country trail.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Jan. 2, 2013
Contact: Shannon Borders, Public Affairs Specialist, 970-240-5399
Open House to Discuss Options for Hand Cycle Trail at Hartman Rocks Recreation Area
GUNNISON, Colo. – The Bureau of Land Management is hosting an open house from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Jan. 16 at the Gunnison Field Office, 650 S. 11th St., to discuss location options for a hand cycle trail or “wide trail” at Hartman Rocks Recreation Area.
The BLM is considering several different areas for wide trails, but only one location will be selected. The BLM received funding to build trails suitable for beginner-level hand cycling. Most hand cycles are built in a tricycle configuration and are powered by the riders’ arms verses legs; therefore, recreationalists need newly adapted trail systems.
If you cannot attend the open house but would like provide feedback on hand cycle trail locations, contact Kristi Murphy, Outdoor Recreation Planner, at email@example.com or 970-642-4955.