Gunni Trails Working on the Colorado Trail this Weekend, Sept. 19-20th
Tools, dinner, libations and breakfast will be provided by Gunni Trails. Just bring your working clothes (see list below) and your camping gear!
(Please RSVP if you plan to attend. See below)
Matt Schwartz, in conjunction with Gunnison Trails, has adopted a section of The Colorado Trail. We plan to make this 6-7 mile stretch of trail awesome and our own. This weekend will be our first major assault on improving it.
Our section is near the summit of North Pass off of Highway 114 and we’ll be working on it from 1-6pm this Saturday and from 9am to noon on Sunday. Here is a map to our base camp at the Lujan Trailhead.
Our base camp is just over 2 miles from Highway 114 on County Road 31CC – Lujan Creek Road. This road is a left turn from the big curve on Highway 114 just below the summit of North Pass.
Here are the details:
- 1-6pm – Work on the trail from our base camp. We’ll have a group working closer to the camp and a small, ambitious group covering some miles cleaning our drains. If you come late, grab a tool from the gold Dodge pickup (or look around for tools staged on the ground) and walk in on the Colorado Trail and find us working.
- 6-8pm Dinner provided by Gunni Trails, looking something like smoked BBQ pork shoulder, cowboy beans and corn on the cob. Adult beverages provided by New Belgium; zero octane beverages provided by Gunnison Trails. Campfire, s’mores and worldly discussion. Campout.
- Breakfast provided by Gunnison Trails: pancakes, coffee, orange juice and sausage
- 9am-noon – More work on the trail.
All tools will be provided as will dinner and breakfast. Please bring:
- Long pants and long sleeves for working.
- Closed toed shoes or boots.
- Gloves and eyewear.
- Hat, sunscreen and water for the weekend.
- Clothing for the weather, rain jacket, warm hat for the morning, etc.
- Camping gear!
PLEASE RSVP TO WE KNOW HOW MUCH FOOD TO BRING.
To RSVP or for questions, please contact Matt Schwartz:
email@example.com or 970-275-9033.
Thanks for supporting trails and Gunnison Trails!