The Original Growler is Stalking Us and We Can Still Use a Few Good Volunteers:
Here’s what we need:
- Marshals for Route in Town – Volunteers for 2 hour shifts (or more) in town on Saturday and Sunday to marshal our route into the finish line in downtown Gunnison. John Messner is leading this effort. Contact him at email@example.com or 970-901-6708. Days/times are:
- Saturday 1130am to 3pm
- Sunday 1130am to 5pm
- Crossing Airport Rd onto Railroad St behind Schmaltz Construction near Gunnison Valley Aviation
- The left turn from Railroad onto 9th
- The right from 9th onto Rio Grande
- The left from Rio Grande onto Boulevard
- The right onto New York from Boulevard
- New York crossing South Main St.
- The left from New York onto Taylor
- The Sonic driveway
- The Left onto Virginia from Taylor
- Highest priorities above in bold.
Announcer DJ for Downtown – Playing music, working the crowd, shouting out sponsors. Contact Cory Vanderveen at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-210-1777.
Registration and Downtown Volunteers – Contact Jen Drimmer at email@example.com or 716-200-3807.
Base Area Volunteers – Hartman Rocks Base Area. Contact Dodson Harper at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 970-209-3938.
Breakdown/Clean Up Sunday Night in downtown. Just show up around 6pm.
Course cleanup on Monday: email@example.com
Just being out on the course will a cell phone is great for the Growler. The participants love it and if you see someone who is hurt you can call 911. 911 dispatch is linked directly to our safety team from Western State Colorado University Mountain Rescue Team.
All other positions email: firstname.lastname@example.org
As always, thanks for supporting trails and Gunnison Trails!