Forest Service Update:
- There is no seasonal closure on the Deer Creek Trail
- There still are seasonal road closure gates swung closed to protect soft roadbeds. Check with the Forest Service office for updates (641.0471)
NEW TRAVEL MANAGEMENT IS IN EFFECT ON GUNNISON BASIN PUBLIC LANDS:
Please be aware of the following things when traveling on Public Lands in the Gunnison Basin:
- All motorized and mechanized travel must remain on designated routes. Motorized travel is restricted to designated roads, trails or areas as shown on Motor Vehicle Use Maps (MVUM)
- Any Forest Service road or trail that is NOT on the Motor Vehicle use Map is closed to motorized use
- Cross-country travel (off-designated routes) by motorized or mechanized vehicles is prohibited.
What you can do……
- Obtain a FREE Motor Vehicle Use Map
- Stay on designated roads and trails and use the type of vehicle that the route is authorized for.
If you have questions please contact:
Gunnison Ranger District at 641-0471, Website: http://www.fs.gov/gmug
May 15, 2011 – Seasonal closures at Hartman Rocks south of the powerlines have expired for non-motorized use. Enjoy your BLM public lands.
The BLM and other land management agencies are praising valley trail users for heeding seasonal closures this spring. You just have to continue this most honorable attribute until midnight on Saturday.
Yes, all of the following trails will still be closed on Saturday:
- Skull Pass
- Aberdeen Loop
- Back In
However, the good news is that at 12:01 am Sunday, you can ride all of them until you drop. MANY THANKS TO ALL TRAIL USERS WHO RESPECTED OUR LAND MANAGERS AND THE GUNNISON SAGE-GROUSE BY NOT POACHING THESE TRAILS DURING THIS VERY CRITICAL TIME IN THE ENDANGERED BIRD’S LIFE CYCLE.