Trails and Roads at Hartman Rocks OPEN!
As of 1pm Tuesday, April 6, the trails and roads NORTH of Powerline Rd. at Hartmans are now open. Expect mud and snow on many sections of trail and road, and be prepared to stay on trail and navigate the slop rather than trying to go around. Several road sections, like the road between the bathroom at the Cottonwoods south to Dirty Sock road, remain closed due to mud. Trails currently CLOSED for mud and snow include Rattlesnake and Enchanted Forest. As Hartman Rocks experiences more and more impacts from increased use, help us care for our amazing backyard by following a few simple rules:
- Stay on trails and ride and hike THROUGH the muddy/snowy sections (going around in the sage quickly leads to wider trails and go-arounds)
- Avoid the following trails that are north facing or have well shaded gullies – Josho’s, Ring Dike, the north side of Top of the World, and Evan’s Loop (Broken Shovel and Sea of Sage always hold lingering snow)
- Keep a close eye on your dog at the trailheads, and be sure to clean up after your pup
- Respect current health regulations around Covid and other trail users…keep a safe distance at the trailheads and when passing along the trails
- Trails SOUTH of Powerline Road (Bambi’s, Sawtooth, Back-In, 9-0, Outback, Skull Pass and Aberdeen) remain CLOSED to protect the Gunnison Sage Grouse.
Trail season has begun here in Gunnison! See below for Signal Peak trail updates. A HUGE thanks as always to our local BLM for getting Hartman Rocks ready for the season. Stay tuned for upcoming workdays, and hit us up on Facebook or shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with any trail observations. We’ll see you on the trails!