- Be cool and respect your fellow trail users out there. Slow down and give a ‘howdy’
- Stay on trails and ride and hike THROUGH the muddy/snowy sections (going around in the sage quickly leads to wider trails and go-arounds)
- Keep a close eye on your dog at the trailheads, and be sure to clean up after your pup
- Trails SOUTH of Powerline Road (Bambi’s, Sawtooth, Back-In, 9-0, Outback, Skull Pass and Aberdeen) remain CLOSED to protect the Gunnison Sage Grouse.
Trail season has begun here in Gunnison! See below for Signal Peak trail info, which remains CLOSED to bikes until May 1. A HUGE thanks as always to our local BLM for getting Hartman Rocks ready for the season. Stay tuned for upcoming workdays, and hit us up on Facebook or shoot an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with any trail observations. We’ll see you on the trails!
- To protect Gunnison Sage grouse, trails in the northwest corner of the Signal Peak area will be closed to ALL uses from March 15 – May 15. This includes the Ridgeline trail past the second radio tower, Rasta Gulch, Chicken Wing and the Cranor Hill trails. All entry points to this area are marked with gates like the one above. Be good stewards and help us protect the Sage grouse during this critical time.
- The entire Signal Peak area is closed to bikes from January 1 – April 30, and no use before 10am May 1 -May 15.
- The entire Signal Peak area is closed to motorized use from January 1 – May 15.
- All roads and trails SOUTH of Powerline Road (Bambi’s, Sawtooth, Back-In, Outback, Nine-0, Skull Pass, Aberdeen Loop) are closed to motorized and mountain bike use from March 15 – May 15 for Sage grouse conservation.